“You are a Gong. I am a Gong.” – Gong Master Don Conreaux
About Gong: Sound is one of the oldest and most natural forms of relaxation and healing, documented and practiced in ancient civilizations. Gongs, in particular, with their wide range of frequencies, colourful tones and harmonies, are one of the most powerful instruments. According to attendees, the benefits of Gong Baths (also known as sound meditation or sound immersion) include:
- Deep relaxation, calming the mind and releasing tension
- Decreased stress and anxiety levels
- Improved sleep
- Increased clarity of mind, awareness and insight
- Enhanced concentration and creativity
- A sense of physical, emotional, mental well being
- Improved sense of hearing
- Increased awareness and appreciation for silence around and in all sounds
- Deeper connection with energy beyond the finite self
The sounds and vibrations in a Gong immersion lower brainwaves, often inducing a state of deep meditation and relaxation (alpha). Some people may enter an even deeper state, where visions, creative and spiritual awareness and insight are possible too (theta). Some drift deeper into a sleep state (delta), and that’s perfectly fine. Some people snore through a Gong immersion. No problem – part of the Soundscape.
Gong Sessions: If you are interested in having S.A. Bliss play, please email her to inquire. She offers individual sessions, group sessions, and Gonging for special events.
Gong Consultations: Try a Gong – Acquire a Gong. S.A. Bliss is Paiste and Meinl Gong distributor, located in Toronto, Canada. If you are interested in acquiring a Gong, email your questions and you will be on your way to vibrating at whatever Hertz (Hz) your heart desires.
Is Gong for you? There is a Gong out there for everyone. Here are some folks who like to incorporate Gong into their lives:
- Musicians: Immerse into the flow of sound, and feel that you are the flow of sound. You will enjoy the different layers of overtones of the holistic Gong. You become the instrument, and the Gong is the musician. It plays you.
- Artists and Designers: Allow the Gong to become your guide or muse to enhance your creativity and express with courage.
- Therapists, Healers, Yogis, Yoga Teachers: To the Gong, you bring your awareness and knowledge. Gong is the most powerful tool to deepen the dimensions of exploration and healthy resonance for yourself, your students, and clients.
- Kundalini Yoga Teachers: Learn Gong philosophy, theory and techniques that help your students release tension and deeply relax and rejuvenate.
- You…yes You!: If you are drawn to music, chanting, and natural soundscapes, why not get a Gong? Surround yourself and people in your life with good, good vibes.
“Total gong sound is truly pure holistic resonance. The experiencer is wrapped in a cocoon or womb that is so charged with powerful wholesome tone that at some point the person seems to disappear completely into the sound field.
This is a phenomena that can be called conscious dematerialization through sensorial sound saturation.”
– Don Conreaux, Magnum Opus of the Gong, Vol I
Sign up for the newsletter to stay up to date with events and developments.