“You are a Gong. I am a Gong.” – Gong Master Don Conreaux
Gongs, with their wide range of frequencies, colourful tones and harmonies, are one of the most powerful instruments or sound tools. According to attendees of Gong Baths (also known as sound meditation or sound immersion), benefits of Gong sound include:
- Deep relaxation, calming the mind and releasing tension
- Decreased stress and anxiety levels
- Improved sleep
- Increased clarity of mind, awareness and insight
- Enhanced concentration and creativity
- A sense of physical, emotional, mental well being
- Improved sense of hearing
- Increased awareness and appreciation for silence around and in all sounds
- Deeper connection with energy beyond the finite self
The sounds and vibrations in a Gong immersion lower brainwaves, often inducing a state of deep meditation and relaxation (alpha). Some people may enter an even deeper state, where visions, creative and spiritual awareness and insight are possible too (theta). Some drift deeper into a sleep state (delta), and that’s perfectly fine. Some people snore through a Gong immersion. No problem – part of the Soundscape.
Is Gong for you? There is a Gong out there for everyone. Here are some folks who like to incorporate Gong into their lives:
- Creatives: Allow the Gong to become your guide or muse to enhance your creativity and expression.
- Not-so-Creatives: Enjoy taking a break from cognitive mind processes, rest, and relax with Gong soundscapes.
- Musicians: Immerse into the flow of sound. You will enjoy the different layers of overtones of Gong. You become the instrument, and the Gong is the musician. It plays you.
- Therapists, Healers, Yoga Teachers: To the Gong, you bring your awareness and knowledge. Gong is a powerful tool to deepen the dimensions of exploration and healthy resonance for yourself, your students, and clients.
- You!: If you are drawn to music, earthly or etheric soundscapes, a Gong may be a nice addition to your space, surrounding yourself and people in your life with good, good vibes.
“Total gong sound is truly pure holistic resonance. The experiencer is wrapped in a cocoon or womb that is so charged with powerful wholesome tone that at some point the person seems to disappear completely into the sound field.
This is a phenomena that can be called conscious dematerialization through sensorial sound saturation.”
– Don Conreaux, Magnum Opus of the Gong, Vol I
SA Bliss is happy to help with Gong information and choosing a Gong that is right for you.
Sign up for the newsletter to stay up to date with events and developments.